Sentimental Hours

'Twas a car ride at night and old tunes from a band. 
Looking out, raindrops raced on the window glass.
Houses passed, red bricks and orange lights.
Messages sent to radios, probably were never heard.

And I dreamt of becoming, but never being.

'Twas a lazy afternoon and indescribable longing.
A poem hastily scribed, of a girl 
peeking from behind the curtain. 
There you were, a boy of pale face,
of mismatched socks, of silly attire.
For a while you lived there, a fixture of short future.

And I dreamt of becoming, but never being.

You are a thousand things that were and never were : 
The smell of bookstores, Murakami on the shelves,
Spanish Romance from a music box, withered messages in a bottle,
a smiling face on the screen, unfinished poetry written on tattered pages.


Still I only dreamt of becoming, and never being.


Bandung, 15 April 2020
Vera F. Maharani

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

German Football Player and Their Celebrity Lookalike

Me and My Craziest Bunch of Friends : 20 February 2010

Tujuh Bulan Lewat : KKNM Sukatani Januari-Februari 2013