Can I?

"Can I sit beside you?"
'Cause you seem so lonely too
Smiling, laughing, but don't really feel like it
Struggling to stay in a place you don't really fit

"Can I walk with you?"
Share some laughs and maybe your precious thoughts
about all your shoulds, and maybes, and what ifs
Just pour it all, I'm not tired
Just tell me all, I won't be bored

"Can I love you?"
I won't be a burden for you, I'm trying hard not to
Let me keep those feelings, those hope for the opportunity
to gaze into your eyes, lovingly
to whisper your name in every prayer, softly...
to tell you how precious you are
and how happy I can be with you this far

So, Dear, can't I?

Damri DU-Jatinangor, 1 Juni 2011
Vera F. Maharani



Credit picture : www.hafizmokhtar92.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Posting Komentar

 

Get In Touch

Feedjit

Recently read

Princess Priscilla's Fortnight
3 of 5 stars
I got the e-book free (and legal!) from the awesome www.girlebooks.com . Go check their extensive collection of free, prettily designed e-books written by great women writers in the history, if you haven't already! The Goodreads descri...
tagged: read-on-my-go-book, warm-fuzzy-comfort-reads, and laugh-out-loud
Peaches for Father Francis
4 of 5 stars
tagged: vivid-setting and women-issues
Remarkable Creatures
4 of 5 stars
tagged: contemplative, historical-fiction, read-on-my-go-book, vivid-settin...
UnStrung
3 of 5 stars
I love reading Unwind. It might be the most thrilling dystopian fiction I have read since The Hunger Games, and it sets the bar higher eversince. The premise of Unwind is highly unlikely : Abortion is forbidden, but there is an option ...
Texts from Dog
4 of 5 stars
Warning : Don't read this at your office while you are *supposed to be* working. Seriously. Don't say I didn't warn you This book contains all sort of random, imaginary text conversation between a bulldog called Dog (or Master Woofin...
tagged: laugh-out-loud and pics-tell-everything

goodreads.com