Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep


Do not stand at my grave and weep 
I am not there. I do not sleep. 
I am a thousand winds that blow. 
I am the diamond glints on snow. 
I am the sunlight on ripened grain. 
I am the gentle autumn rain. 
When you awaken in the morning's hush 
I am the swift uplifting rush 
Of quiet birds in circled flight. 
I am the soft stars that shine at night. 

Do not stand at my grave and cry; 
I am not there. I did not die.

Poem by Mary Elizabeth Frye


In loving memory of my grandfather, Mansur Mulyakusumah (6 February 1938-15 June 2006)

Today would be my grandpa's 76th birthday. Somehow, I think if my grandpa could choose a poem about his own death, he would choose this.

I miss you, Dear Grandpa. I know you are up there in the better place with God, being a pious, honest, and intelligent person you were :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Der Erlkoenig (The Elf King), A Poem By Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Day #1 : 10 Things That Makes Me Happy (PART 2)

Aishiteru - Kizuna (a.k.a. The Movie That Made Me Feel Like A Stone-Hearted Cyborg)