RIP My Hamster, Furry Ball


My dear Furry Ball, I hope you are now running in a bigger hamster wheel in heaven, eating a lot more delicious sunflower seeds, and...who knows, maybe you meet a handsome hamster-angel there too, no?

I'm sorry if I and my brother didn't take care of you well enough, if our hobby was sneaking behind you while you were sleeping and giving you fright everytime. I'm sorry I was late in introducing you to the chinchilla sands, so you used it as a toilet instead.  I'm sorry I hadn't bought you the hamster ball. I'm sorry that I scold you when you nipped my fingers every time I was giving you a treat. I'm sorry that you didn't have a mate, and you couldn't give birth to hamster pups...I didn't know then that after you turned ten months old you became more territorial, and instead of mating you were fighting with your would-be mate to his death.

My dear, golden red-eyed Syrian hamster...rest in peace.

0 comments:

Posting Komentar

 

Get In Touch

Feedjit

Recently read

Princess Priscilla's Fortnight
3 of 5 stars
I got the e-book free (and legal!) from the awesome www.girlebooks.com . Go check their extensive collection of free, prettily designed e-books written by great women writers in the history, if you haven't already! The Goodreads descri...
tagged: read-on-my-go-book, warm-fuzzy-comfort-reads, and laugh-out-loud
Peaches for Father Francis
4 of 5 stars
tagged: vivid-setting and women-issues
Remarkable Creatures
4 of 5 stars
tagged: contemplative, historical-fiction, read-on-my-go-book, vivid-settin...
UnStrung
3 of 5 stars
I love reading Unwind. It might be the most thrilling dystopian fiction I have read since The Hunger Games, and it sets the bar higher eversince. The premise of Unwind is highly unlikely : Abortion is forbidden, but there is an option ...
Texts from Dog
4 of 5 stars
Warning : Don't read this at your office while you are *supposed to be* working. Seriously. Don't say I didn't warn you This book contains all sort of random, imaginary text conversation between a bulldog called Dog (or Master Woofin...
tagged: laugh-out-loud and pics-tell-everything

goodreads.com