Good Night

Starry Night Over The Rhone (1888) by Vincent van Gogh, oil on canvas


The lark is silent in his nest,

The breeze is sighing in its flight,
Sleep, Love, and peaceful be thy rest.
Good-night, my love, good-night, good-night.
Sweet dreams' attend thee in thy sleep,
To soothe thy rest till morning's light,
And angels round thee vigil keep.
Good-night, my love, good-night, good-night.
Sleep well, my love, on night's dark breast,
And ease thy soul with slumber bright;
Be joy but thine and I am blest.
Good-night, my love, good-night, good-night

(Paul Laurence Dunbar)

:)

0 comments:

Posting Komentar

 

Get In Touch

Feedjit

Recently read

Princess Priscilla's Fortnight
3 of 5 stars
I got the e-book free (and legal!) from the awesome www.girlebooks.com . Go check their extensive collection of free, prettily designed e-books written by great women writers in the history, if you haven't already! The Goodreads descri...
tagged: read-on-my-go-book, warm-fuzzy-comfort-reads, and laugh-out-loud
Peaches for Father Francis
4 of 5 stars
tagged: vivid-setting and women-issues
Remarkable Creatures
4 of 5 stars
tagged: contemplative, historical-fiction, read-on-my-go-book, vivid-settin...
UnStrung
3 of 5 stars
I love reading Unwind. It might be the most thrilling dystopian fiction I have read since The Hunger Games, and it sets the bar higher eversince. The premise of Unwind is highly unlikely : Abortion is forbidden, but there is an option ...
Texts from Dog
4 of 5 stars
Warning : Don't read this at your office while you are *supposed to be* working. Seriously. Don't say I didn't warn you This book contains all sort of random, imaginary text conversation between a bulldog called Dog (or Master Woofin...
tagged: laugh-out-loud and pics-tell-everything

goodreads.com